ATV's and Other Off-Road Vehicles

03/14/2012 17:14


ATV’S, 4-wheelers and similar off-road vehicles can not be driven on city streets unless you are going to or from town and you must take the shortest route in both instances.  If re-fueling is necessary you must do this on your way in or out of town.  These vehicles are not designed for, and cannot be used for, general transportation purposes within the city, but are allowed in parades (upon approval of the city & parade sponsor) and may be used for work-related tasks such as snow removal and yard work.  Golf cart owners must purchase a permit for their cart at City Hall at a cost of $5.00.  When purchasing a permit the owner must provide proof of insurance and the make and model and vehicle ID number before a permit will be issued.